Thoughts, Ideas, Notes & (Indubitably) Questions:
– Which images provoke (the most) self-consciousness? Anxiety / irritability / discomfort?
– (Which images provoke the opposite?)
– Surveillance images : gallery space, bathrooms, entrance / exit, street view, POV, ECU
– The piece must hold strong. How to eliminate sensationalism – retain emphasis ?
– Pornography? Abuse? War?
– Is interactivity (i.e. physical computing / electrical engineering) necessary? Might this be overkill?
– Does the point come across without so many technical elements? Or do they enhance it?
– Proximity / motion
– Limitations … (?)
– Conversation or rhetoric?
– Might the piece be stronger with a single user? Or many?
– Too many cameras? Too many TV’s?
– Fluorescent lights, modern arena (think Terence Koh “Meth Face” / whitewashed walls and floors), wires and cables exposed
– Public gallery setting?
– Instagram / social media interaction? Are there too many unharmonious elements?
– Video portraiture… (?)